Offered for sale for the first time since being built in 1961/62, this superbly located Downer home with attached one bedroom self-contained flat has potential in terms of both modernising the existing structures or building anew.
The home was originally built with three bedrooms but is currently configured as two bedrooms with an enormous living /dining space. Conversion back to three bedrooms may be readily and cost effectively achieved.
The self-contained flat (separate bedroom and separate entrance) was built in 1968 and may be used for additional income or as an extension to the existing home. The property also includes a single carport and a large workshop, which has electrical connections and plumbing.
The home is adjacent to a child friendly park (with associated play equipment) and is within an easy 5-10 minute walk to the Dickson precinct including the popular shopping centre, the many varied restaurants (including the vibrant china town) as well as the public library and Olympic sized swimming pool.
The living area has access to both the rear and front gardens through double doors leading to decks and pergolas and also has reverse cycle heating/ cooling.
While original in all respects, this property nestled on a large 845 m2 block, screams potential for its location and the rental yield while sizing up the future possibilities.
• Charming single level home with granny flat
• Large 845 m2 block siding Parkland
• Currently configured as 3 bedrooms but easily reverted back to 4 if required
• Self-contained granny flat at rear with separate entrance
• Formal lounge room (Was original master bedroom)
• Large family room and meals area
• Covered timber deck (requires minor maintenance)
• Enclosed courtyard
• Reverse cycle heating and cooling
• Private mature leafy gardens
• Lock up garage
• Short walk to Dickson Shops & Restaurants
• Close to schools and public transport
• Only a few minutes drive to Canberra's CBD
• Great opportunity to live in, renovate or build your new dream home
- Air Conditioning